Thursday, March 27, 2014

OH BABY: A GROWING BOY

Yesterday, Soren was officially 2 months old. These past 8 weeks have been incredible. Both in an amazing and challenging way. We are starting to feel more and more natural at this parenting thing. I've loved falling in love with our son, learning how to be a mommy, and learning how to be a parent with Jon. I love trusting my mommy instinct and feeling that "mama bear" intensity rise up in me. Aside from being a wife, playing the role of mommy has been one of the best things I've done in my life.


The above photo is Soren at one month and at two months! I've loved watching him grow and develop. He recently started really smiling at us and responding to our voices. There are no words to describe how fulfilling those sweet looks are. Jon and I are just crazy about him! I feel very present with him and I'm doing my best to soak up every moment I possibly can. :)


FAVORITE TOY: Soren has really developed an interest in his play-mat. We got him this one that has a lot of tactile toys and noises. He'll usually lay there and play for about 30 minutes each day. GROWTH: His 2 month appointment is next week. When he had his last appointment three weeks ago he was 11 pounds! Which is a great growth from his nearly 8 pounds at his 1 week appointment. I'm excited to see how much he's grown since then! FEEDING: I'm currently nursing him and hoping to nurse exclusively for 6 months - year. He feeds a lot but is much more "down to business" now than he was when he was a newbie. SLEEP: I'm getting up with him 2-3 times each night to feed and change his diaper. He usually sleeps in 3 hour chunks of time. You can usually find me watching Project Runway while nursing in the wee hours of the night. ;) DEVELOPMENT: He's been holding his head up a lot more! He makes lots of noises and coos. He is also smiling lots. :) He sometimes chuckles in his sleep, I can't wait to hear him laugh for real! FAVORITE MOMENT: Lately I've really been looking forward to bath-time. Sometimes we put him in his infant bath and other times we'll hold him and float him around in the big tub. He just loves the water and is so focused and quiet. I love seeing him kick his little legs and work on his splashing skills. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment