Sunday, August 04, 2013

THE WEEKLY

Hello from Texas! Jenny and I have been having an amazing time enjoying Austin. It is HOT here. The conference has been amazing so far, definitely one of our all time favorites and I can't wait to tell you more about it soon! We've had the opportunity to meet so many amazing ladies and make great connections. Tonight concludes the last events for the conference so we'll be heading back home to Atlanta in the morning. :)

Whenever Jenny and I get to travel together, we always have great opportunities to really brainstorm about our business and usually generate so many exciting ideas for ways to grow our brand and challenge ourselves in new ways. We've managed to put together a whole list of projects and topics we want to explore further from this trip. We are feeling so inspired!

I've definitely needed a little inspirational pick-me-up lately. Between going through the 1st trimester of pregnancy, working on moving and buying a house, keeping up with our fabulous design clients, and going through lots of changes at home, it's been hard to find the extra motivation to blog how I really want to on this space. Sometimes the best medicine is taking it slow, getting a kick of inspiration from a great conference, and talking with people you admire (like Jenny) to get their advice and perspective on how you can grow. While things will still remain busy, busy...I'm feeling like I'm in a much better place mentally to get things back on track. :)

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Dinner with Minnetonka and some of the amazing bloggers they work with. Love all of these ladies! Also, so great to finally meet some of the amazing ladies that work for Minnetonka in person. 2// Yay! Love this girl. 3// Beautiful Austin 4// Starbucks/re-charge breaks are a must during a busy conference. Vanilla Bean Frapps have been my go-to drink lately.


Favorite Posts/Pins/Articles: 
* I've got moving on the brain and I'm definitely planning to reference these packing tips!
* Also, I love this idea for planning out room decor and paint! How practical!
* Met the ladies from Lulu's at the conference and I'm really digging their variety of clothing.
* If you haven't visited Moorea's shop, you really need to! Moorea is one of my new favorite people.
* I'm kinda obsessed with everything on this 4Mom's site. I'm thinking all of these pieces will be on my registry.

Inspiring Me this Week:
I've been talking to Jenny a lot lately about how I have a huge running list of things I would like to do better and different habits that I would like to form. It's been a really overwhelming thought for me lately, but I've been really encouraged and inspired to take some quiet time to really narrow down my focus to what those are and think of ways to work towards accomplishing them.

3 Things About Yours Truly: 
* I'll wear jeans during the summer. I like to be warm, especially in the frigid Georgia air conditioning.
* I feel most inspired during a flight when I have time to "un-plug" and think creatively.
* I CAN'T WAIT to be a mom, I've already had baby dreams about holding our child. In my dream it was a blonde curly-headed boy...we'll see if that comes true?!

No comments:

Post a Comment