Monday, February 18, 2013

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

This past week has been truly an exciting time. I finished up my last work week for my 9-5 job. On Friday, I turned in my work computers, parking passes, and took my last pile of books out to the car. Driving home on Friday, it hit me briefly that this was it! I haven't thought about it much over the weekend. Since I was out of town for the week I spent a lot of down time with Jon resting and hanging out. Yesterday morning I woke up and thought to myself..."oh....my...everlovin', I quit my job!" Haha, I think everything will really hit me tomorrow morning when I officially start Maiedae full-time. I'm SO excited!!

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Went to the Young House Love book signing in Atlanta with Jenny and Kate! Had so much fun!! 2// Where I was last week, working graphics production on a cruise boat. Got a chance to enjoy the view here and there and work on some exciting ideas for Maiedae. 3// Decided to treat myself and got my nails done on the boat. It's a "shellac" finish. It's supposed to last two weeks and be more gentle than gel. One week in and loving how good it still looks! 4// Sunday morning drive to go visit my family with Jon. :)


5 Favorite Posts:
* Blogs You Need to Read by Moorea Seal 
* Lime Cordial Three Ways by Joy the Baker 
* Small Business Tools by The Influence Network 
* NYFW's Buzziest Social Media Moment: Vine by IFB
* For Bloggers: Finding Your Niche by Breanna Rose  

Favorite Blog of the Week:
* Delightfully Tacky - I love Elizabeth's blog. I feel like she's my curly-headed sister. She has beautiful and unique fashion posts AND recently came out with an amazing "Style Yourself" e-course I'm really looking forward to checking out. :) 

Inspiring Me this Week:
* My So-Called Freelance Life by Michelle Goodman. - I've loved gleaning as much advice about this transition time as possible. Michelle's book is full of great resources and experience. 

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* I've been watching the IT Crowd a lot this weekend with Jon. I love that show!
* To lounge around the house: I love wearing one of Jon's hoodies, leggings, and giant socks. 
* I get headaches if I sleep too long. 

I hope you have a wonderful week, friends!! :)


9 comments:

  1. I adore the IT Crowd. So funny!

    Your shellac looks really good- if I didn't have goats, I totally would get my nails done. Sadly, if I do anything with my nails they are wrecked by the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say when I read you [post the other day about making the extremely brave and admirable decision to quit your 9-5 to focus on being self employed, I almost got teary..I don't really know you other than following your blog for several months but I felt so proud of you!! I think you did something that a lot of us don't have the courage to do, no matter how bad we want it, and for that I cheer for you:)Congrats on your first day!!
    much love
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes on your new journey!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18.2.13

    Congratulations!! =)
    That picture of the sea is so simple, yet very inspiring.

    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again on the big move to making it a full time gig! Love the ocean photo, reminds me of our annual cruise trips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous18.2.13

    Good luck on your new job! It must be so exciting that you're not doing 9-5 anymore. Also, thanks for the blog suggestions :) xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being able to switch to Maiedae full time :) I've been reading delighfully tacky this week too, it's a new blog love of mine. Also, IT Crowd is awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous19.2.13

    so happy for you! i also get a headache if i sleep in too late.

    ps: i wrote to you on instagram asking if you'd ever written a post on your disney honeymoon - my fiance and i are going on a two week walt disney world honeymoon this july! - you had said you hadn't thought of it so i was wondering if now that you're full time for maiedae, you could possibly write about it? even if it's just a quick post. :)

    - erika

    www.wordslikebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never really had a longterm 9-5 (I had a 7-6 for about 9 months before I quit to drive around the country), but being self employed is great. simultaneously great and terrible. but mostly great. I think for me, though, the terrible parts are nowhere near the terrible parts of having to work for someone else! The unsteady income, being your own brand, and sort of being out there on your own with no safety net are kind of scary, but it can be so much more fulfilling than working for someone else!

    Psst, thanks for the shout out! I seriously love seeing other curly haired girls rocking it on the interwebs, I wish we didn't live like a million miles away. If I'd known you existed back when I was on my Brave trip I would've totally come and hung out with you! I drove right through Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete