Saturday, May 26, 2012

SNAPSHOTS: AT THE CHATEAU

On Wednesday morning, I drove to Chateau Élan for a department retreat courtesy of my 9-5. I felt really spoiled immediately when I saw "Chateau Élan" spelled out with bushes at the entrance. I've always lived close, but I've never taken the time to visit.

I met up with my buddy, Amanda, who was also my roommate for the retreat. We started the morning off with breakfast and then had an opportunity to do a TOMS "style your sole" party where we learned more about TOMS shoes and got our own pair of white ones to decorate! I'm not much of a painter at all, but I really wanted to make them into something I would actually wear. I did some research and felt really inspired by the rug below. However, I wanted my shoes to be pretty minimalistic and not too busy-bee, so I stuck with a tribal inspired stripe. I think this took me...3 hours. No joke. I was trying my best to be super precise and careful. I just used acrylic paints and mixed the colors to get the hues I wanted. I think this was my favorite part about the retreat. I forget how much I love just crafting with others. It's so therapeutic and peaceful.

1. The Inspiration. 2. The Results. 3. Chateau Elan
Speaking of peaceful, I was able to get a body massage at the spa the next morning. I spent the morning relaxing, taking a bath, shaving my legs, washing my face, and really pampering myself before. By the time I got to the spa, I was so relaxed and pumped for my massage. It was the best 50 minutes of my life. I'm scheming ways to go back...

Sometimes it's so good to get away, spoil yourself, and relax. :) This weekend I'm in Knoxville, TN, with my bestest for a wedding shower and fun wedding DIYs to get ready for her big day in June! I'm so thrilled for her! I'll be sure to share some snapshots from the weekend soon. AND tomorrow night, Jenny and I are throwing another Pinterest Party!! I'll also be posting the DIY we do and photos! What are you up to for Memorial Day weekend??



6 comments:

  1. I love those Toms!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKay those shoes are amazing Tomes should just hire you LOL. WOW Knoxville my home town I miss it. I have not been home in almost 4 years and I am so homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, those toms are sooooo cute!!!

    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28.5.12

    I love the idea of spoiling yourself before the massage as well. I'm going to have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those came out super good! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your TOMS! I wish I could buy a pair like that. Make me a pair, please? haha

    ReplyDelete