Tuesday, February 14, 2012

ST. VALENTINE

Happy Valentine's Day to you! Whether you are married, dating, or happily single, today is about celebrating love and cherishing those you care for. :) Jon and I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day...but I do love those little conversational hearts, especially the tart ones!

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite Valentine's Day memories.


Six years ago today, I was a senior in high-school. I was attending a private school in Grayson, GA, and Jon and I were only a little over a year into our dating journey. At the time, Jon was taking most of his high-school classes at a local college, so we didn't get a chance to see each other a lot. That and my parents were fairly strict when we first started dating. ;) 

I had just finished class and was walking down to the cafeteria when I noticed some of the students giving me the "a-surprise-is-coming" look. Suspiciously, I looked around the corner and saw my sweet boyfriend holding flowers and a picnic basket. I was completely surprised and overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. I'm pretty sure my face turned 6 shades of red. 

He made croissant sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, and brought my favorite drink, cream soda in a glass bottle. It was so sweet and completely made my day. It was one of those moments, of many, that I realized how special Jon was and how thankful I was (and am) to have him in my life. Here's a sweet little dorky picture from that day:


This would be 18 year old Jon and 17 year old Savannah. Jon wore his hair long in high-school and for a good part in college...and I straightened the life out of my hair, but quickly embraced my natural curl when I went to college. What cuties we are!!

Jon and I are celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow, when I get back from Orlando, with a date night. I can't wait to see him soooon! 

Do you have a favorite Valentine's Day memory?? Please share! 

11 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet of him! What a great Valentine's gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story!

    I still have a very sweet card my Mr. Wonderful gave me on one of our first Valentine's as a couple. It had the sweetest, most heartfelt note I'd ever gotten in my life. I like to open it every year & see how our love has grown every year since then.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, Happy valentines!

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous14.2.12

    That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. That is darling! xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable!! What a sweet memory!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and your husband <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special memory. You too look so cute in that picture :] Happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling photo and an even better story. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving that old photo of you two!! so cute.
    xo,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmygoodness, how cute are you guys?!

    ReplyDelete