Friday, April 29, 2011

Creative Blogger Award

Label Courtesy of Pugly Pixel
I am so thankful to Cassie of The Veda House for selecting me for the creative blogger award! When I found out a couple days ago, I had a little geek-out moment and have been excited to do this post to "pay-it-forward". Thank you Cassie! Here's how the award works: List 10 facts about yourself, then tag 10 bloggers for the award. I loved Cassie's idea to focus on creative facts about her, so I thought I would do the same.

10 Creative Things About Me:
1. When I was 12, my best friend at the time and I made crafts from yarn and popsicle sticks, dressed up like clowns, and sold our little handmades at a garage sale. Surprisingly, people thought we were cute and we ended up making $20.00, which was a fortune to us.
2. During my freshman year of high school, I had my first experience with theatre and spent the rest of high school acting and getting involved in theatre. I was even able to direct a one-act during my senior year. I haven't acted since high-school and really miss it.
3. I spend about 30+ hours on Photoshop CS5 every week....along with some of the other Adobe programs.
4. I love, love dabbling in anything creative, just to at least try it. I've been able to gain experience in music, acting, drawing, painting, jewelry making, pottery, costuming, make-up, dyeing, knitting, and photography...but my heartbeat is graphic design.
5. My creative dream is to work with MaieDae full-time and grow my business into a successful partnership that offers graphic design, handmades, photography, and full-time blogging. I love my little MaieDae baby!
6. I would love to spend a day with LA from Freckled Nest, Elsie from A Beautiful Mess, Emily from Once Wed, Chelsea from .Oh my Deer., Kyla from Kyla Roma and Moorea from Moorea Seal. They inspire me so much in different ways and I would love to "shadow" each of them, gaining insight to their passions, enjoying a coffee date, and living a day in their life.
7. I would really love to try metalworking, glass blowing, and looming.
8. I've discovered that my life mission is to create. It sets me on fire and I just don't think I could live without the ability to create in some form.
9. Even though I consider myself a very creative person, I love organization and self-development. I love whenever some of my favorite bloggers post about organization//development tips and I usually only read developing or how-to types of books.
10. I can't remember a time when I didn't want to have my own business.

10 Blogs I'm Passing the Creative Blogger Award To:
LoveElycia
My Best Friend Jules
Yellow Songbird
Kyla Roma
My Girl Thursday
SRSLYLIZ
The Flowerchild Dwelling
Oh, Mishka
MOOREA SEAL
ohrenee*design

I hope you all get a chance to look around and be inspired by some of these ladies' amazing blogs. If you were given the award and are able to post about it, I would love to see it! :)

Wishing you a sunny weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and I love your answers!!! I especially agree with 3 (I do toooo! And SAI!), 4 (I love trying new artsy crafty things!!!) and 6 (they are all FANTASTIC women!!!)

    Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! you go for it!
    love the facts, it's an awesome list that i can really relate to.

    x
    alina
    akeytome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! I'm glad you had a chance to put this together. You totally deserve the award and your blog is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygoodness!! I'm so honoured to be on your list. You are so sweet, I admire your creativity and talent so much. Thank you, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous29.4.11

    i have had similar experiences to your number 1 (and 20.00 WAS a fortune! it bought....400 5 cent candies!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i responded on twitter, but not here. i love learning little facts about people! and thanks for passing on the award!! you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete